For any queries please feel free to reach out:
PR Contact (Global Headquarters - India):
Director and Head, Public Relations and Media
Zensar partners with Unicomer Group, a leading retailer in 24 countries in Latin America For Financial and Procurement process Transformation
Press Release | 30 Jun 2016
June 30, 2016, Pune, India: Zensar Technologies, a leading digital solutions and technology services company, today announced the successful reimplementation of the new Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 for the Unicomer Group, a large multinational retailer in Latin America, headquartered in El Salvador. Unicomer’s key business objective of this implementation was aimed at streamlining key financial and business processes for greater efficiencies.
“The successful implementation at Unicomer underlines our Oracle expertise and offering. The deep technology expertise coupled with our retail domain experience point to the understanding we have of our customers’ challenges and our readiness to help them achieve critical business transformation; efficiently and seamlessly. Our delivery excellence helps us achieve significant business outcomes for our customers, each time,” commented Sandeep Kishore, CEO and Managing Director, Zensar Technologies.
Peter Klingeman, Chief Financial Officer, Unicomer Group said, “We have an expansionary vision that fuels the need to make operations simple and profitable. Technology plays a critical role in helping us make a successful transformation. The Zensar team understood our model and helped us implement Oracle within the desired timeline, making it possible for us to move closer to achieving our business objectives and vision.”
Sumesh Chawla, Head of Retail & Hospitality Business US – Zensar Technologies said, “The Zensar team is proud to partner with Unicomer Group in transforming their financial processes and to lay the foundation to support their current and future business growth. The successful implementation is another strong testament to our deep understanding of the retail industry and its financial processes, and of leadership in the Oracle space.”
The scope included a complete reimplementation of the Oracle ERP Financials in R12; including GL, AP, AR, Inventory, iProcurement, PO, Fixed Assets, iExpense, and Project Accounting. Titled Finnovation, the project went live successfully, on time and within budget, while helping Unicomer achieve transformational business process changes. The scope also encompassed a reimplementation of Hyperion Financial Management and the integration with the existing Hyperion Planning system. Additionally, a SOA environment was established to improve interfaces with external commerce systems of the Group.
Transformation of Business Processes:
- Centralized Procurement capabilities
- Speedy online Expense Reimbursement
- Control over operational expenses
- Visibility of Vendor bank account maintenance
- Centralized accounting (COA) maintenance
- Streamlining manual journal processing
- Loosely coupled services and seamless integrations
- Cash management and automatic reconciliation of bank statements
- Better interfacing of external systems to Oracle GL through SoA
Reengineered Financial Systems
- Restructuring of Chart Of Accounts to cater to all future business needs
- Redesign of the existing primary and statutory ledgers based on local accounting principles of the operating countries
- Creation of corporate ledgers under IFRS fed from SLA
- Effective maintenance and visibility of long terms costs of Project Management through Project Accounting module
- Consolidation of all 66 Unicomer legal entities using 16 currencies into USD in 40 minutes per accounting period
- Accurate, robust, transparent, multi-dimensional financial reporting in local and consolidation currencies
- Redesigning financial consolidation process
- New drill down from Hyperion Financial Management to actual transactions in Oracle EBS
- Five Levels of consolidation
- Multi-dimensional reporting for IFRS, and Management reporting with allocations
About Unicomer Group (http://www.unicomer.com)
Group Unicomer was founded in the year 2000 to absorb retail and consumer finance operations of chains of stores with several decades of history and with excellent market positioning, offering a wide range of world-renowned brands in small and large appliances, furniture, audio, video, electronics, optical products, motorcycles, and a variety of technological accessories. Its mission is to serve and satisfy the needs of its customers with a variety of products and services with more than 15 thousand direct collaborators who offer their customers the best product line-up and modern household credit payment facilities. Unicomer Group is the store operator with the highest market share in 20 of the 24 countries it operates, and through its parent company Regal Forest is rated BB- by Fitch and S & P rating agencies.
As part of its deepest values, Unicomer Group works with a very strict ethics code and strongly supports education and community development in the most vulnerable sectors in the countries where it operates, as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility program with a USD 4 million annual budget.