Zensar Announces excellent working results for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2011-12 : Mumbai, India
Press Release | 25 Apr 2012
Highlights Consolidated results for the quarter ended March 31, 2012
- Revenue was Rs 493.91 Crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2012; showing a 32% growth y-o-y.
- Profit before Tax was Rs 56.99 Crore for quarter ended March 31, 2012; showing a 62% growth y-o-y.
- Net profit after tax was Rs 39.30 Crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2012; showing a 4 % growth y-o-y (Q4 FY 2011 had an exceptional deferred tax gain of Rs 10 Crore).
- Earnings per share (EPS) were Rs 9.06 for the quarter ended March 31, 2012.
- 17 New clients were added during the quarter by Zensar and its subsidiaries.
- 923 Net additions of employees for the quarter by Zensar and its subsidiaries.
Consolidated Results for the year ended 31st March, 2012 vis-à-vis last year
- Revenue was up from Rs 1138.30 Cr to Rs 1782.48 showing a 56.6 % growth y-o-y.
- Net profit after tax grew from Rs 131.73 Cr to Rs 158.71 showing a 20.5 % growth y-o-y.
- Earnings per share were up from Rs 30.47 to Rs 36.58 growth of 16 % y-o-y growth.
- 112 New Clients were added during the year by Zensar and its subsidiaries.
- 7121 is the employee headcount at year end for Zensar and its subsidiaries.
Dr. Ganesh Natarajan, Vice-Chairman & MD, said “We have ended the year on a strong note with excellent results in all aspects of our business. The timely acquisition of Akibia has enabled us to strengthen our dual shore Infrastructure Services value proposition and made it one of our core businesses. The successful restructuring of our organization around key verticals has not only helped strengthen our Solutions and Services for the chosen verticals but also significantly increased the intellectual property base of the company.” “The successful integration of Akibia’s and Zensar’s IM solutions into one fully integrated Global Infrastructure Management business has been completed. As we enter fiscal year 2012, we will continue to make investments in key areas and focus on strengthening our capabilities in Infrastructure Management,” stated Tom Tucker, President of Akibia, the Infrastructure Management company, Zensar acquired in 2010. Awards and Recognition Zensar won the National Award in IT Excellence and Excellence in Global HR Strategy at the World HRD Congress 2012, which recognizes exemplary HR practices in talent management. Zensar also won the Green Organisation Award at Green IT Initiative at the Manufacturers' Association for Information Technology. Zensar’s Retail Portal Solution for B2B collaboration, won the prestigious ‘Best Industry Solution Award’ at the national competition held by one of the esteemed IT forums in India - Computer Society of India (CSI) earlier in the year. AutoZenics, a hosted on-premise solution deployed by leveraging a Hosted ERP solution on the cloud for the Manufacturing industry was also recognized by CSI in the product manufacturing category. Zensar was conferred with the Good Corporate Citizen award by the Bombay Chamber of Commerce ‘Good Corporate Citizen Award’ for the year 2011 by the Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI), at Mumbai in September. The award was presented to Zensar for its outstanding service in operational performance and its contribution towards corporate citizenship, leading to the betterment of the society. Zensar has also received the prestigious Service Excellence Award at the Cisco Supplier Day held earlier in the quarter in San Jose, CA, amongst other significant technology services providers. Zensar was chosen for this award for demonstrated excellence in professionalism and innovation and foundational areas of productivity, delivery and support. The award recognizes Zensar’s exemplary performance in teamwork, communication, and responsiveness to Cisco’s business directives. The Company was also the winner of the CNBC International Trade Awards for the fifth consecutive year. The award aims at recognizing innovation and excellence demonstrated by the market leaders and institutions in the import and export industry with significant contribution to international trade facilitation in India. Expansion of services, geographies and significant projects The Company’s expansion into Cloud Computing, Mobility and Social Media Consulting Services and Analytics has provided for significant opportunities for revenue growth. Further developments were also made in its core services ranging from Applications Development & Maintenance, Enterprise Services including Package Implementations and Business Intelligence, Transaction Processing, Testing and Infrastructure Management. These Services have not only brought about end-to-end process improvements and business benefits for clients ranging from the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100 in US, UK and Asia to small start-ups in South Africa and the Middle East but have also helped in creating deep intellectual capital. Zensar continues to do well in its core Oracle Business by adding more than 16 new accounts this year winning four new deals in R12 Implementations in the US in Q4 including for one of the largest specialty retailer selling high-quality apparel and accessories for children. Zensar is also a Gold Certified and Strategic Value Added Reseller (SVAR) Partner for SAP in the US, and has won a key project by the use of ‘Zenlife’ a proprietary accelerator tool, in Life Sciences which has resulted in significant cost savings and increased capabilities and efficiency for sales and distribution of this customer. Consulting and Systems Integration and Business IT Zensar today is a key global service integrator and has dedicated centers of excellence built to design and implement solutions that employ a broad portfolio of technologies. This capability lends additional focus on creating next-generation solutions that enable new thresholds of business performance by leveraging cloud delivery models and technologies. Zensar is helping customers create optimized levels of business performance, through assessment, advisory services as well as application integration and migration services through platforms such as force.com, Google Apps Engine (GAE) and Microsoft Azure. The Cloud Services Charter in the organization will enable our customers redefine the way they deliver value to their customers. Zensar entered into a strategic alliance with Google earlier to address the emerging market demand for next generation collaboration solution for the benefit of all its Indian and global customers. This partnership is expected to not only enhance collaboration but will also empower Zensar’s associates in providing more choice and flexibility in where, when and how they choose to do their work. Zensar’s Mobility Consulting Services helps organizations improve business visibility and employee productivity and assists in porting critical applications onto mobile devices. From receiving information on current status of customer deliveries to allowing boundary-free access to corporate information, Zensar’s enterprise mobility applications create new competitive advantages for businesses. Zensar has also added Social Media Consulting as a practice to enable firms in reaching their end user segments faster and to tailor products/services to address end user demands. In the US, Zensar has recently bagged a multi-million dollar contract with the world’s leading provider of Conflict Management and Dispute Resolution Services, to develop and integrate its Case Management System and related business process to various end systems using Fusion Middleware technology. The Company has also bagged the Fusion Middleware implementation and support contract from the leading global interactive entertainment software company in the US that develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems. In the UK, the Company has implemented a Fusion Middleware and Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition at a leading High Street and On-Line Fashion Retailer. The solution deployed is one of the first few implementations globally involving Retail Data Model. Zensar has also reported on a number of new wins in the Oracle Retail Practice and Process and Discrete Manufacturing in the UAE and Saudi Arabia. Zensar has also entered into a three-year, multimillion dollar engagement with UK’s leading independent private bank, to provide end-to-end support and maintenance services for the bank’s core applications. Under the support and maintenance services agreement, Zensar will support multiple applications—which defines the core banking application. Besides providing application maintenance services support, Zensar will also deliver the mission-critical, IT infrastructure services support to the bank’s ever growing network of branches. Products, Platforms and Solutions Products, platforms and solutions continue to gain momentum and accelerate our non-linear growth.
- ZenPOSlite, a complete mobile retail POS solution integrated with back-end stores system applicable across all formats.
- AutoZenics, a SaaS based ERP solution specially developed for SMB customers in manufacturing sector for the auto ancillary cluster.
- nXchange, a hosted ‘any-to-any format conversion’ and document forwarding platform for B2B scenario with implementation opportunities across verticals.
- ZenTraceability, created for the manufacturing vertical that has the ability to categorize products or parts - their origin and usage to help identify and isolate instances at any point in the manufacturing value chain if suspected to be faulty in nature.
- ZenQuality –is specially designed to cater to the quality challenges of the manufacturing industry. The solution comprises three separate modules across suppliers, plant and customers and can be integrated or configured separately. The Solution helps manufacturers in improving productivity and profit margins while meeting a desired level of quality.
- IntelliZen, a Business Intelligence for Supply Chain Management - SCM-BI provides “End-to-End” supply chain visibility with SCOR (Supply Chain Operations Reference) Model. It has been designed to attain objectives such as SCM refinement, effective collaboration, productivity enhancement, customer excellence and organizational growth.
- ZenProductivity, a tool for the manufacturers to monitor real time performance and utilization in the plant and allowing them to define the output, line layout and capacity, products, production plan and cycle time.
- ICD Services, a set of proprietary tools and frameworks for the healthcare Industry that provides end-to-end ICD Transition services from impact assessment, through remediation to support.
- iCAn, a solution for the healthcare vertical that allows ICD Converter and Analyzer to provide solution to all major challenges of ICD transition including mapping, crosswalk, document upgrade and analysis.
- ZenMobln, a mobile management framework allowing Insurers to connect to any mobile device to its backend application seamlessly thus providing the agility to offer new products and services at a much lower cost base.