The pace of digital innovation is constantly altering the way organizations operate and compete today. In a hyper-competitive digital corporate backdrop, there is always a better technological version lurking around the corner to help us find overlooked target markets and gain progressive market shares.
Few technologies are highly disruptive in nature and carve a niche of their own. PEGA is one such technology that has constantly helped Zensar realize better and braver versions of unified Digital Process Automation (DPA) This blog takes a deep dive into the nuances of PEGA and how its capabilities can help you in scaling your automation efforts.
What is PEGA?
In essence, PEGA is a software that writes software. It is an end-to-end Digital Transformation Architecture with a focus on Automation, Artificial Intelligence, and Customer Engagement. It acts as a unified platform for businesses to meet their strategic business needs in various verticals such as operational optimization, customer experience, employee experience, and cloud adaptive systems.
Since its inception, PEGA has transformed itself into a holistic architecture with varied functions. In the past 35 years of its successful operations, PEGA has been able to deliver award-winning capabilities in Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Digital Process Automation (DPA), Advanced Artificial Intelligence and Robotic Automation. The primary functions of its architecture include:
- Real-time AI: Leveraging Artificial Intelligence to realize better customer engagement through hyper-personalization. With real-time omnichannel capabilities, PEGA optimizes every customer action for channels ranging from mobile and web to even chatbots. The end result is the ability to make reliable decisions at every customer interaction point by processing millions of data points in real-time.
- End-to-end Automation: Through outcome-driven case management, solutions can be integrated across different systems automatically by pulling any required data point. This is done by bringing together disparate tech functions such as AI, Business Process Management (BPM) and unified Robotics.
- Journey Centric Delivery: By fusing AI and Automation, PEGA makes the right decisions and fosters seamless customer experiences by handling via end-to-end automation customer journeys. With the right foundation in sight, scaling is never an issue.
- Multi-dimensional Power: PEGA is built for speed and scale to manage the complexities of multi-dimensional businesses. With a patented architecture known as Situational Layer Cake, organizations can roll out new products, regions or channels without the need to recode applications.
- Low Code: Through visual tools, coding goes out of the window. All users need is to design the software and PEGA takes it from there. It automatically generates, tunes, and future-proofs it.
With such a robust framework, PEGA enables companies to build core development verticals quicker and more efficiently.
Capabilities/Modules of the PEGA Platform
The PEGA platform comes packed with various capabilities and modules. Here’s a quick look at some of the best ones:
- Pega Infinity (The DPA platform): With lots of loaded capabilities, the DPA platform enables users to build flexible and easy-to-deploy business solutions that can act as the USP of your business. With simplified and automated operations, organizations can reduce costs and improve business agility. While solutions can be tailor-made according to the requirements of businesses, they can be effectively reused to drive diverse customers, product lines, channels, and geographies. At the same time, DPA with case management helps companies to automate with bots and deliver channel-less experiences. PEGA BPM is one of the most comprehensive intelligent BPM suites out there that enables you to combine RPA and intelligent BPM in a single, unified platform and provide visibility across different business silos, in fact removes or join those silos.
- Pega Decision Strategy Manager (DSM): With a business-friendly interface, users can easily define and explore complex business decisions with the right dynamic rules and models. With self-learning models that are constantly fed with contextual data, the system can instantly refresh its recommendations, boosting the end results by multiple bounds. Simultaneously, businesses can derive valuable business decisions and actions through a steam of valuable data, anticipate customer needs even before they arrive, and take real-time actions to drive better results.
- Pega Robotic Automation: The patented automation from PEGA optimizes the day-to-day functioning of employees by reducing the time they spend on manual tasks. This helps them realize better speed, efficiency, and precision. By implementing efficient bots, high-volume automation activities can be scaled, system and data integration gaps can be bridged at scale, and much more. PEGA’s Workforce Intelligence even leverages Machine Learning to identify potential areas of automation for the maximum possible efficiency. Pega DPA platform adds a unique combination which blend the bots / automation within the process lifecycle which increases the scope of automation to an optimum level. With Pega you can have a process partly manual and partly automated, this is like a magic power this platform brings for an enterprise.
- Pega DevOps and Testing: This module enables companies to realize faster go-to-market strategies with single-click deployment. This makes it easy for teams to build, iterate, and deploy apps much more easily and efficiently. A native-model makes out-of-box deployment a reality while enabling users to achieve continuous delivery through built-in CI/CD pipeline and end-to-end automation.
PEGA’s incremental sprint testing in Agile framework improves test coverage and resource utilization, enabling standardization of the platform across the entire enterprise. By encapsulating enterprise legacy applications, 75% productivity gains and a 50% reduction in time to market can be achieved. All this and more has helped PEGA to become a critical part of countless modern-day industries. Global organizations that are deploying PEGA today in their respective verticals include:
- 7 out of 10 Largest Insurance Companies
- 6 out of 10 Communication Providers
- Top 5 Credit Card Insurers
- Top 10 Healthcare Insurers
- 8 out of 10 Global Banks
The PEGA platform is an exceptional technology providing a much-needed unified platform in the highly competitive market. Pega Systems focuses on the future need of businesses, future technologies and collaborations that would be required by their customers. This allows Pega platform to cushion an enterprise from a fast-changing technology landscape. This helps the business to completely focus energy on use cases building, Pega platform is indeed handy to make it happen.
With a one-of-its-kind architecture, PEGA is a truly collaborative and completely visual technology that involves no code. Thus, organizations are being able to realize connected experiences like never before.
What are your views about the PEGA platform/technology? Share them with us in the comments section!