Microsoft Cognitive Services empower developers to create intelligent apps which can understand Natural Language, identify image content, analyze text and recognize a voice.
Cognitive services provide APIs which can be integrated through coding and based on that developers build high-quality vision, speech, language, knowledge and search technologies into their apps.
Cognitive Service APIs:
- Vision: Providing APIs through which developers can process the image, either by uploading it or providing the image URL to analyze visual content to extract information.
- Content Moderator – It is the process of examining and identifying inappropriate or offensive content in text, images or videos.
- Custom Vision Service – This service provides us with an API through which we can upload an image, build and train a custom image classifier.
- Emotion API- This API find out the facial expressions like happiness, sadness, fear, surprise etc.
- Face API – It detects a human face with high precision face location in the image. It also detects facial attributes, gender, age, pose, hair etc.
- Video Indexer – It is built using Azure Media Analytics, cognitive services & Azure Search. It extracts information like speaker indexing, video/audio text recognition, scene detection, translation and more.
- Speech Service – Through this service, developers can get speech-enabled features such as dictation, translation, transcription and voice command control.
- Speech API – This service mainly supports text to speech and speech to text conversion.
- Custom speech service – This provides developers to customize speech models for speech to text transcription.
- Speaker Recognition – This is mainly used for speaker verification and identification.
- Translator speech – This provides speech to speech and speech to text translation.
- Bing spell check – This API focusses on spell check and contextual grammar.
- LUIS – Language Understanding Service processes the user’s natural conversational language and understands it to figure out the overall meaning for fetching relevant information.
- Linguistic Analysis – An NLP tool for identifying the structure of text such as sentence separation, tokenization and parts of speech tagging.
- Text Analytics – It works on text data and functions such as sentiment analysis, language detection and key phrase extraction.
- Translator Text – This API translates text in near real-time for more than sixty languages.
- Custom decision service – This is a contextual decision-making API which creates the intelligent app. It converts content for further processing for machine learning and tries to understand it in terms of an image, video, text etc.
- QnA Maker: This provides a service which makes a question and answer model easy. Can be done by either uploading a file or URL.
- Bing News Search – This news search API provides a search engine which takes our news query and sends a search query to Bing News for coming up with a list of relevant news articles.
- Bing Video Search – This is a video search engine which sends our video search query to Bing Videos for coming up with a list of related videos.
- Bing Web Search – This API provides the same result such as Bing.com. This result may include an image, video, web page or news etc.
- Autosuggest – This API come up with a list of suggested queries based on the partial query string the user enters in the search box.
- Bing Custom Search – It enables the developer to create tailored search experiences for specific topics.
- Bing Entity Search – This API mainly returns local results like hotel, restaurants etc.
- Bing Image Search -This API returns with searched images related to query search.
- Bing Visual Search – In this API, the user uploads an image and the result comes up with insights about the image.
- Project Gesture – It provides Natural User Interface based on hand gesture. We can easily integrate this API into our applications.
- Project personality chat – It handles small talk in line with distinct, chosen personality. It uses intent classifier to identify small talk intent and generates responses accordingly.
- Project Academic Knowledge – In this service, we can interpret user query for academic intent and fetch rich information from the Microsoft Academic graph.
- Project Entity Linking – In a specific paragraph within the document, this service will recognize and identify each separate entity based on its context.
- Project URL Preview – This API takes a URL query parameter and come up with json response, along with the name of the target resource, a brief description, and a link to display in a preview.
- Project Answer Search – It uses Bing v7 endpoint to get answers for interrogative queries.
- Project Anomaly Finder – Anomaly finder enables us to monitor data over time and detect anomalies with the help of machine learning.
- Project Conversation Learner – It enables developers to build and teach conversational interfaces that learn from example interactions.