The launch of the SAP S/4HANA 1610 release brings new sets of functionalities onboard, which are in line with SAP’s Simplification and Innovation strategy. The following are some of the key points to look for in the new 1610 release:
- SAP Fiori 2.0 – This new version provides one single personalized entry point for overviews, list reports, and work lists based on domain-specific information.
- SAP Extended Warehouse Management (SAP EWM) is now part of SAP S/4HANA. This version provides an option to deploy SAP EWM as a centralized or a decentralized application with support for a 40-digit material number.
- Industry Solutions – SAP Industry solutions for Oil & Gas and Retail have been added, apart from the DIMP which was added in the 1511 release.
- SAP Core Modules Improvement:
- SAP PPM – Redesigned and provided as an add-on with additional licensing
- Advanced Available Promise – With a mass product availability check for sales, planning and production of orders is possible. Product allocation and Back Order processing is also included
- Quality Management
- International Trade
- Embedded Software in Product Development – Provides capabilities to support manufacturers in the management of this kind of software across the entire product lifecycle. Businesses can accelerate new product development.