Ref Id: Zen/Nov16/011
Job Id: 37856344
Location: London, Reading, Slough, Wokingham
Salary: £50000 – £60000
The role: - Solution Architect(s)
Qualification: Bachelor’s of engineering or Bachelor’s of Business Administration or equivalent or higher (IT related qualification preferred).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to define Solution Architecture involving multiple products & Technologies
- Integration skills to support application suite and provide integration standards of the solution.
- Make sure the right modelling is being done, to know that qualities like performance are going to be met
- Give input as needed to issues like tool and environment selection
- Able to identify and interact with stakeholders to make sure their needs are being met
- Make sure that the architecture is not only the right one for operations, but also for deployment and sustainment
- Ability to resolve disputes and make trade-offs as well as resolve technical problems
- Engaging with the client and develop technically feasible long-term Information Technology (IT) solutions & Implementation methodologies
Deliverables of this role are:
- Help for Feasibility & Analysis studies and option analysis
- Provide technical architectural options for the various possibilities picked up in F&A
- Create Technical design document
- Create Logical Technical Model
- This is indicative list & not comprehensive.
- Total 10+ years of experience in providing IT solutions
- Should have broader lifecycle exposure as an SA
- Strong design experience and technical knowledge
- Analytical and 'joined-up' thinking
- Expert in conflict resolution
- Should have excellent communication & presentation skills as well with both technical and business teams.
- Experience in large programs involving products in one or more utility companies in UK or transmission companies in Europe will be an advantage
- Added advantage if experience in product implementation for Electricity Balancing functionality
- Good understanding of industry trends in UK transmission business & ability to provide IT solutions to cater to that
Closing date: 30th November 2016