Manage the day-to-day working of the GSOC Operations for the different customers.
- Delivery of the operations of GSOC are as per the agreed SLAs and expectations from the customer.
- Identify the in-efficiencies in the Operations and identify potential solutions to improve efficiency.
- Own and drive improvements in the areas of Operations, technology, Advisory and customer satisfaction.
- Regular reporting on the state of the customer delivery.
- Maintain Billing for the services delivered from GSOC.
- Maintain & Improve the Profitability of GSOC.
Individual Performance Measurement Criteria
- Quality and effectiveness in communications and engagement with stakeholders.
- Personal Priority and time management.
- Low / Zero Escalation from the customers
- Maintain low Attrition
- Driving Innovation to improve on Service standards & Quality.
P1 – Theoretical Knowledge
P2 – Basic Understanding
P3 – Hands-On Experience
P4 – Advanced
P5 – Subject Matter Expert P5 – Proficiency Level
Understanding of the different security technologies,
Experience in deploying, configuring and troubleshooting of
- Firewalls (Checkpoint, Cisco etc.),
- IDS / IPS, (Network and Host),
- URL Filtering,
- Multi-factor Authentication,
- Privilege Access Management
- The integration of the above technologies with different systems.
Experience in different Information Security Processes.
- Security Change Management
- Rule Base Reviews & Optimization
- Security Incident Management (Standard & Critical)
Understanding of different Security Architectures.
P4 – Proficiency Level
- Understanding of the different connection protocols.
- Experience in different reporting requirements prevalent in the information security monitoring and management space.
- Experience in different compliance standards.
- ISO 27001, SOX, SSAE16, etc.
- Process, Criticality
P3 – Proficiency Level
Understanding of the different monitoring systems for server, Network.
P2 – Proficiency Level
Understanding of the major business applications.
Understanding of common Infrastructure applications such as DNS, Proxy, DHCP, Messaging, Mailing, Storage, Network, Backup.
Communication and Organizational skills
- Good command of the English language, with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proactive in communication and appropriate selection of audience according to topic.
- Highly organized and capable of tracking a variety of tasks to closure.
- Good time management principles and effective in prioritizing workloads.
- Works collaboratively with other teams and builds positive working relationships
- Able to learn quickly and apply common sense to new situations, but understand when it is appropriate to engage others for advice
- Open and transparent style and approach when working with others
- Places a significant level of importance on personal & team development and understanding then improving upon weakness
- Accepting of feedback from managers, peers, and clients in regards to work performance
- Utilizes a goal-oriented approach, which drives self-improvement both personally, professionally and drives the teams.
- Takes the initiative to work on tasks outside of his or her immediate scope of responsibility, and encourages others to do so.
- Minimum overall experience of 15 years
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Information Security
- Minimum of 4 years experience in running a Security Operations Center for a large organization.
- Preferable experience in running Security Operations Center providing services to Multiple customers.
- Minimum experience in managing a team of 100+ team-members.
- Required (at least one) CISSP, CISA, CISM,
- Required (at least two) OEM certifications.
- Preferably Graduate with Science/Engineering
- Preferable with an MBA.